Gerry AmorosoChief Operating Officer
- Real and Personal Property Valuation 100%
- Renewables, Chemical, Water, Nuclear and Environmental, Oil and Gas Properties 100%
- Multi-State Property Tax Exemptions and Incentives Negotiations 100%
- Property Tax Litigation Management and Expert Witness Testimony 100%
Gerry has over 25 years of experience in real and personal property valuation. He has specialized in minimizing property taxes most recently for a consulting firm as well as General Electric and IBM. During his time at GE, Gerry was responsible for minimizing value and taxation at many businesses included but not limited to, Oil & Gas, Power (including Renewables), Chemical, Water, Nuclear and Environmental. He is especially adept at managing large property portfolios from everything to the initial planning stage, incentives, local negotiations, administrative level and litigation management.
In between two terms at GE, Gerry ran the personal property group at IBM Corporation where he was responsible for the entire personal property tax portfolio for IBM and IBM Credit. Gerry also spent time working as an appraiser, as a tax consultant for KPMG, and as a certified tax assessor.
Gerry has managed projects all over North America. He has been very successful in partnering with clients and internal businesses on lowering tax valuations. His experience also includes process improvements in the areas of compliance and rendition filings.
Gerry is an active contributor to the Institute for Professionals in Taxation serving on the Symposium education committee. For years, he has also been involved with the Counsel on State Taxation as their Property Tax Instructor for the Basic Tax School, along with serving as an integral part of their annual Property Tax Workshop.
Gerry earned his Master of Business Administration from Mt. St. Mary College.
- Licensed Tax Consultant (State of Texas)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Counsel on State Taxation (COST)
- Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals (TAPTP)
- Texas Taxpayers and Research Association (TTARA)