Property Tax Manager – Houston
Company Name – Industrial Tax Consulting
Position Location – Houston, TX, US
About Industrial Tax Consulting
ITC is a property tax consulting firm that specializes in furnishing proactive property tax services. Our focus has been on providing all clients excellent responsiveness and results, regardless of size or industry. We represent clients on a nationwide basis in numerous industries with various types of property and issues. This requires a team approach between our clients, ITC personnel and outside experts whenever necessary.
We believe that our employees are our strongest and most visible asset to our clients in the pursuit of tax minimization and available incentives and exemptions. This means that we offer competitive salaries, attractive bonus plans, 401k matching, flexible work environment and encourage employee development.
We are looking for a Property Tax Manager to join our Houston team. This position will interact with clients and perform tax consulting services for real and personal property through all steps of the property tax cycle. Ability to identify and develop new client business is also integral to this position.
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Industrial
- Real Estate
- Personal Property
- Incentives and Exemptions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong client relationship from beginning of process through completion of engagement.
- Knowledgeable regarding both real and personal property valuation and can identify and pursue tax reduction opportunities.
- Ability to research tax statues, laws and court decisions and perform tax planning to minimize tax liability.
- Responsible for business development with new clients as well as expand existing client engagements and sell other indirect tax and incentives.
- Conducts site inspections and actively participates in client meetings and discussions.
- Can develop and defend positions in negotiations and before reviewing authorities.
- Collaborate with third parties to maximize potential tax reductions through all steps of the appeal or protest process.
- Continues to expand knowledge and skillset to be promoted to the next level.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or similar
- 5 years of property tax consulting experience
- CPA, CMI, ASA or MAI or working on designation or certification.
- TDLR Senior Property Tax Consulting license
- Skilled in MS Office and property tax software
- Excellent analytical as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to travel as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Real Estate
- Equal Opportunity Employer